Ivan Zagoruiko Smorgasburg

On Sunday, October sixteenth I went to the Smorgasburg (Brooklyn). The weather was not that bad, a little chilly, but Smorgasburg still had a lot of people there. I saw around eight to ten vendors selling their food. I did a little research and found out that a lot of people go to Smorgasburg to promote their food at Smorgasburg. That’s basically the starting of a new restaurant or even a food chain. There was a lot of interesting food that I have never seen anyone make before, like the ramen burgers.  One of the few things that I noticed when I got close to the Smorsburg was the smell, that got me excited because I thought that Smorgasburg was like a restaurant area. Almost all the food was cooked in front of you. The prices weren’t very high, they ranged from $1-$15 depending on what you got. There was a big variety of food to choose from, starting from breakfast to desserts. One of the breakfast items that was sold is sausage egg and cheese wrapped in crepes. The desert item that looked very interesting was a jelly bubble covered in a syrup called “Raindrop”.
I really wanted to try one of the brisket sandwiches that were sold at one of the vendors, but ones I saw the chicken wings I couldn’t hold myself from trying them. I wasn’t blown away with the taste as much as I was with the way it looked. The color of the sauce the wings were covered in was a very bright orange color that just made want to eat it. When I tasted the wings they felt like they needed to be cooked longer, it was very hard to chew them. The sauce that they were covered in tasted very similar to the sweet and sour sauce, but at the same time a little spicy. Because of the bright orange color, I expected them to taste like the orange chicken sauce. People around me were talking about how this sauce had a secret recipe. Everyone was going crazy about those wings. I didn’t find it very special because they just tasted like typical buffalo wings covered in sweet and sour with a little spice. The portion that those wings were sold in was six and the price was around six dollars. The guy that served me the wings just took them out of the oven and put them on a plate with some salary and blue cheese. Overall I really like the atmosphere and the fact that everything that I looked at made me hungry. I will definitely come back to try that brisket wrap.

One thought on “Ivan Zagoruiko Smorgasburg

1. Michael Krondl

I think you’re right about the “start-up” aspect of many stands at Smorgasburg; it’s a relatively inexpensive way to try out a food business concept. When you say there was a lot of interesting food, what exactly do you have in mind? What sort of breakfast? What sort of dessert? When you speak of the prices, what is your definition of not high?