Professor Kate Poirier | D772 | Spring 2023

My Week in MAT 2680

My schedule for this course is as follows: I have all the important information regarding this class such as links to WebWork and Openlab stored on a google doc. Google docs is something I use quite often for taking notes and storing important information for most of my other classes so I’m quite active on it. I would attend Tuesday and Thursday office hours mainly for the WebWork party as frequently as possible and following that I leave myself roughly four days to complete all the work that’s been assigned for the week. I have no classes to attend on Friday or the weekends so from Friday to next week’s Monday is the time frame I set for myself to get all the assignments done for this class. On Friday I would start to read the chapters in the textbook and take notes. On Saturday I start the WebWork that corresponds to the weekly checklist on Openlab. Also depending on how many sets of webwork that I have to complete, I aim to at least finish one whole set of webwork questions by the end of the day. On Sunday’s it’s normally when I would have completed all the assignments such as Openlab post or WebWork. If I run into trouble on the homework and I can’t seem to figure it out on my own, I would take a break and come back to it later before I reach out for help. This is the schedule that I’m currently using for this course that’s working out for me. When I first started I was testing out to see how much free time I have in a week and how long it takes me to finish my work, so my first few WebWork sets aren’t all at 100%. For now using this approach I’ve been able to complete the WebWork sets with 100% grade for the past couple of weeks. When I study for any upcoming test I normally look back at my homework questions and I would use those problems that I’ve already solved as examples when I create my formula sheet. If I had to point out some ways to improve on this, I could start reading the textbook chapters and doing the webwork assignments earlier.

1. Luijen Payano

I like your better use of the electronic medium, google docs is a very convenient tool i am starting to figure out and i think i can make use of it.