Ashley Corona EProfile edit

Growing up I would always watch people in the kitchen cook. Whether it would be my mom, my dad, my aunt, etc. I would always be fascinated, I knew that I wanted to study for a job in the culinary industry. Knowing this I applied to a high school that had a culinary arts program and got in. There I learned that I also wanted to learn more about hospitality management and what it takes to run a business. Which brought me to City tech, during my first semester at City tech I’ve learned the many different terms that are used in the hotel industry, as well as many different things related to the culinary industry, which is what makes more excited to be in the kitchen next semester.

I currently still do not have much career experience, but I have helped cater at my old high school. A career goal that I still have is that I would like to one day open up my own bakery. A place that isn’t too big or too small. A place that I would be able to call my own. Before being able to make that career goal a reality I want to look for a part time job as a way to gain more experience which will be very helpful for the future, if I ever need a recommendation.

Personal strengths that I have is that I am good at working in teams, I have patience, and I’m dedicated to whatever I put mind to. After the first semester I was able to improve on my communication skills as well as be on time. These strengths have started becoming professional attributes because they have helped me communicate with people that I’ve worked with, and will continue to help me along the road.

Growing up I would always watch people in the kitchen cook. Whether it would be my mom, my dad, my aunt, etc. I would always be fascinated, I knew that I wanted to study for a job in the culinary industry. Knowing this I applied to a high school that had a culinary arts program and got in. There I learned that I also wanted to learn more about hospitality management and what it takes to run a business. Which brings me to City tech, where I plan to learn about the different aspects of hospitality management. Additionally, to further my knowledge about the culinary industry.

As of right now I do not have much career experience, but I have helped cater at my old high school. Career goals that I would like to achieve is to one day open up my own bakery. A place that isn’t too big or too small. A place that I would be able to call my own.

Personal strengths that I have is that I am good at working in teams, I have patience, and I’m dedicated to whatever I put mind to. They will become professional attributes along the road because they will help me communicate with people I will work with, as well as customers, which will help to accommodate to their needs. They will help to give customers a great experience.

2 thoughts on “Ashley Corona EProfile edit

1. Yanice Lewis

It’s really good that you do have the personal strengths that you have I do believe that it’ll take you very far in this particular industry. It’s good that you grew up in/around the kitchen so may already have idea of what to look forward to.