Tiffany Washington

Growing up I remember always telling my mother how when I grow up I wanted to be a chef. I even attended a high school that had cooking, but because I had to write an essay to get into the program I said forget it and never joined it. I also remember telling people how I wanted to become a chef, but they always told me “You Can’t be a Chef if you don’t know how to cook” I believed it and it discouraged me and I always thought it had to be something you knew how to do from young.

As I got older I realized I wanted to have a career that had to do with me dealing with people. I remember I told my mother I wanted to be a social worker, but I wasn’t serious about that. Then I remember my mom telling me something about hotel management and I really took it into thought.  This was all before I started college. My Mother was telling me about City Tech because she used to attend this college and she told me about this major. I did join it a little late in my college career, but I am still excited since I see what it has to offer and I might end up switching what my focus in this major is and the semester goes on, but I look forward to it.

2 thoughts on “Tiffany Washington

1. Ashley Corona

I can relate to you when you said that you were discouraged when people would tell you you couldn’t be a chef because you needed experience or something else would get in the way. I later learned that as long as you put your mind to it, you’ll be able to achieve what you want.