This week starts the 5-week series of my Disney Leadership 101 class. During this class I will learn what skills it takes to be an effective leader as well as how to manage a large group of casts under the Walt Disney company from those who have been leaders before from all different sectors within the company. 

This first week’s class was getting to know our course instructors and learning about the different types of leaders there are. Everyone has different qualities that make them a good leader and it is important to have people with different leading qualities on your team to see all sides to lead the group and individuals effectively. Some leading qualities are empathy, understanding, hands-on and effective communication. 

We all have different strong qualities, and that diversity makes it easier to lead a team as everyone has different learning styles and reacts to different leadership. I hope to develop my leadership skills as this class continues and to learn from those with different leadership styles. I am also looking forward to the networking that will become a result as this class. To encourage networking and branching out each week we will need to introduce ourselves to our neighbors sitting next to us and there are activities to get us to branch out within smaller groups.  I am looking forward to what I will be learning in these upcoming weeks.