Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

Drafting Project #1

So far, you have begun drafting by writing some answers to our brainstorming questions about your education experiences and goals–or if you haven’t, go do that right now!

Then, since your answers aren’t yet a narrative or even a draft of a narrative, start cutting, reshaping, and revising your answers to a narrative into a draft. Add more. Cut more. Repeat.

We have lots of models of education narratives, and you can choose which to use as models! Here is a list of all of our readings for Project #1:

Think about what your purpose is. Maybe it’s one of these:

• a success story
  • a cautionary tale
  • a tracing of a multipart journey
  • a call to action
  • something less than a call to action, but that identifies a larger issue.

Keep working on this draft. Aim to grow it to 1000 words, without padding or unnecessary repetition. Don’t be discouraged if you’re not yet at 1000 words. Remember that you need to include details, and you have great models in the narratives listed above if you need some guidance.

I recommend working on your draft in a Google Doc that you can share with me or with your classmates for peer review. In a comment below, paste in a link to your draft in Google Docs (please make sure the settings allow me and classmates to read and comment in it. We don’t need editor permissions). If you don’t want to work in Google Docs, please reach out to me so we can find a useful alternative.

Please also feel free to use the comments to add thoughts, ideas, encouragement to classmates, etc–in other words, let these comments also be an asynchronous shared space for you to help each other get your work done, like we talked about in class this week!

Please post your link by Monday morning, 10/4, so that there’s time to read your draft before class on Tuesday, 10/5.

• Jody R. Rosen

Jason, can you either make your google doc available for anyone with the link or add give me access by adding my email address? Otherwise, I can’t read your work. Thanks!

1. Jason Wu

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AzZsmFCq8bIfWGEkFoUjMXHJ-YUkvsWLP24lm67ALps/edit?usp=sharing (I think I make my be able to share now can you text me back if you can’t be able to read it please and thank you)

• Jody R. Rosen

I’ve requested access. I hope you get the request! Let me know if you don’t.