Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

Hospitality resources

What hospitality-related information sources do you read/look at? Please share to help us crowdsource a list of useful site, accounts, publications, etc. These can include online magazines, sections of newspapers, Twitter and Instagram accounts, YouTube channels, podcasts, etc. Things you actually look at without it being assigned.

Add a comment below with your list. Come back and add more as you think of them, and if someone else has mentioned one already, add more. But also amplify what someone else said if you think it’s a useful resource!

This crowdsourced list will be really helpful as we conduct research using a sources from a variety of genres.

1. ia Macharashvili

I usually use social media to seek information that is related to hospitality. Some of them are from Instagram accounts – https://www.instagram.com/studiosorores/
    https://www.instagram.com/modernartcatering/

2. Tyrah George

I have a book written by a chef called kitchen confidential by Anthony Bourdain and I also read cookbooks, but the main source that I use is YouTube.

• Jody R. Rosen

I haven’t read Kitchen Confidential yet, but I always enjoy Anthony Bourdain’s writing. I’ve been saving an article he wrote in the New Yorker about the restaurant industry that I wanted to share with our class. What do you like about his writing? How can you read him like a writer (Mike Bunn is always with us!) to think about what makes his writing so compelling?

3. Jeffrey Vegas

I would use people who are experienced in the field like my father. and I watch YouTube videos from this chef called “kimagure cook” but some videos are translated and some are not.

• Jody R. Rosen

Are the kimagure cook videos how-to videos? Are you familiar with the how-to genre?

It would be great if you could link us to the channel!

4. Jody R. Rosen

I started watching some TED-Ed videos on YouTube that are food-related. The first one I watched was an animated short video about the history of cheese. There are so many videos that it’s hard to find it via the channel–I’d recommend searching for it directly.