The reason why I was interested in this topic was because I wanted to address how flight attendants face sexism in the airline industry and it seemed like nobody really cared. Another reason why I chose to do this topic was because I always want to become a flight attendant so I wanted to look more deeper into what the industry looks like and what I can expect.I think I found the answer to most of my concerns, as expected discriminations against women has always been issue in every part of the industry but mostly since i want to become a flight attendant it was very interesting to learn about things i did not know. The sources I found were very informative and interesting . An article in Forbes by James Asquith was one of the articles that perfectly talks about how airlines still sexualize cabin crews by pointing out their inappropriate uniforms and gives you a brief list of airlines that sexualzied their crew making them wear those uniforms. My favorite quote from the article is when Asquith stated “as with any job in 2019, there should be equal opportunities for both men and women. To break the stereotype of sexualising any such job role will allow increased strides towards equal opportunities. More so than ever, airlines are indeed making progress with this but there is still a long way to go.” The industry obviously still needs to make progress,if they break these stereotypes and make changes this will be a great opportunity for everyone else who wants to be a flight attendant so that they can feel safe and comfortable while doing the job they love. Another source that grabbed my attention was the interview video with Sara Nelson. Choosing this source gave an overview and point of view from flight attendants point. She stated important facts and information , which was important enough to grab my audience’s attention. Nelson stated  â€śno one is going to look out for you ,care about you other than your flying partners.No one is going to have respect for you ,other than your other flying partners.Management here thinks of you as their wives or their mistresses and they hold you in contempt. “ While facing those criticisms it’s great that you will have your colleagues by your side to support you,respect you  and make you feel better.

The purpose of making this project was that I wanted to inform my audience which is the hospitality community to help them understand the discriminations being made and how it’s been a continuing issue in the airline industry.I believe increasing audiences knowledge is the most important because when your informing them about the topic , you also want your aducien to gain knowledge about the topic your trying to reach them about.In the process of this project I used little bit of every rhetorical appeal. For example I used logos to make clear and logical connections between ideas and facts.I also used some historical analogies.Logos appeals to your readers intellects that way as a writer and author you can define the logic or reason. Ethos can be seen throughout the project because I used reliable information when I mentioned about the interview with Sara Nelson  to gain the trust of my audience. Finally I was able to use Pathos to deliver emotions to my  audience so that they can relate and feel emotions the way I wanted them to feel . For example I wanted them to feel empathy and I think anger because of the way flight attendants were being sexualized . Throughout the project I tried to deliver an optimistic tone to hope for a better change and furious tone to deliver the anger towards the airline’s requirements towards flight attendants. 

I chose to do a written interview to convey the information because I thought it can be very informative. The reason why I thought it would be good for my audience is because I think it generally discusses and goes straight to the point by asking questions etc. I wasn’t really sure if it was going to work and I did not know if it would be a good genre to deliver my message but I wanted to try something i haven’t done before and wanted to try something different than what my classmates had already done. One of the features that it made a good choice is that it is easy to read , and the second feature that it made a good choice is that they would feel like they’re imagining they are watching an interview when they are actually reading . Finally, the third feature that made a good choice for my audience is that they will be able to gain more knowledge and a better understanding through the written interview. 

The process of creating a new text/genre was a bit difficult for me to figure out,because i did had some other ideas to reach my audience.The last minute i finally figured out that a written interview would be the best choice out of everything and i think it made the process easier and faster for me and hopefully for my audience too.Overall this was a very fun project to explore different things we haven’t done before but one thing i did wish i couldn have done was managing my time properly then maybe it would have turned much better than what i expected  but overall I learned about a lot of things about my topic and definitely want to inform and talk about this issue to other people as well.