Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

eProfile

Week 2

I wouldn’t say I’m the perfect student but I always try my best to be one .I have always struggled but I never gave up.I believe confidence is the key.I always get excited to learn about something and want to keep knowing more about it.That’s what keeps me motivated as a student all the time.I’ve never been confident in myself when it comes to school and was always very nervous about it. I always been scared to share my knowledge with others because I’m afraidI might be wrong ,this is why I sometimes struggle a lot because I’m always very nervous and shy to ask for help but for quite some time now I have been working on to be more confident.I learned that if you try enough then you can do it.As a student I tried my best to engage and learn with others. I tried to join many clubs , school festivals and tournaments even though it was something out my comfort zone but it was worth it at the end .I learned things I didn’t know about before, met new people and made new friends. My academic goals is to study ,try to maintain a good gpa and grades for all my courses as well learn to manage time with schoolwork ,stay on track with the assignments .I also plan to ask for help and go to tutoring if I don’t completely understand the material that is being taught.My career goal is to become a flight attendant or anything that has to do with tourism.I can speak more than 3 languages and currently attempting to learn more.I have already started working at store which involves customer service.I also volunteered at a hospital for three months before Covid-19 which allowed me to communicate with patients and etc.I’m seeking to develop my communication and customer service skills ,develop teamwork skills, learn 1 or more languages and hopefully many new experiences as much as I can.

Week 14

Throughout this semester I learned a lot .I believe that so many things have changed since last time and there are definitely a lot of things to reflect on. I believe that the course has definitely taught me a lot that I will need in the real world and I am thankful for that. Throughout the semester, I have learned more about grammar, writing a good reflective paper, how to cite resources and many other things that I will need in the future. I think I was able to learn how to communicate with my instructor and my classmates by participating in class or asking questions outside of class from some of my classmates and it has helped me a lot to understand things more clearly as well as reaching out to my instructor for any help that I needed or to clear any misunderstandings .While many of the things comes from communication and interacting with students, writing has also been a big impact to my journey and this course definitely helped me become a better writer. This course has also helped me be more confident in myself next to my classmates while networking and learning from them. With all the projects that I have worked with students, and the assignments that I have worked on, I have learned one new thing along the way. Reading from textbooks and articles has also increased my knowledge. I was introduced to things I did not know before and wasn’t aware of .But I still struggle with time management most of the time because I always fail to set priorities and I’m mostly unmotivated. It is something that I’m still learning . I’m excited to look forward to learning more about hospitality in the future. 

1. Prof. Karen Goodlad

Time management is a challenge for many but what is good is that even small improvements in prioritizing what you want to and need to do will yield big results. These are learned behaviors.

You have learned a lot this semester that will help you develop as a student, the research, writing, interactions and professionalism all matter.

For your LinkedIn profile, consider something like the following…
    As a college student continual growth is important to me. I know that asking questions is key to this growth.