The reason why I was interested in this topic was because of the organizations mission to improving the ecosystem of the NYC harbor. In this new project I would like the audience to get interested in their mission. They just want to help the ecosystem by recycling something that we throw away into a means of protecting us from storms, or to just filter the polluted water that is in the water.

In the organization’s website, they describe to have built 14 oyster reefs to help improve the marine wildlife. In addition, they say that they have restored 75 million oysters, recycled 1.8 million pounds of oyster shells, and educated about 8,000+ students about their mission and what they contribute to the environment. This is all to improve the marine life that was once considerably decreasing.

The purpose of making this project is to try to get my audience to donate to this organization and help them improve on their mission objective. The audience that I would like to direct this information to elementary school students. I feel like everyone needs to know that an organization, but teaching a younger generation can help the longevity of this project and finally restore the old ecosystem back. To be honest I’ve never knew a organization like this exists-because I’ve never heard about this organization until recently.Sharing it with the rest of the world will help them with their mission and it make it well-known. One expectation that the audience might have with my subject is to persuade them to donate, but I feel like the “donate” word makes it seem like it’s just a money donation and going nowhere. But the donation helps with their mission, and it helps educate the younger generation on marine life. The appeal that my project has given is a logos appeal. I gave facts on what they have done and what they have achieved already.

The genre of making it into a informal commercial script spoke to me because it gave me a opportunity to want to inform on this topic that almost seems non existent to common knowledge. By making this genre I am able to show the audience that people are helping the marine ecosystem, and trying to make a change. Accessibility is a good feature about this genre, Anybody knows a commercial from anywhere, if you show a commercial to anyone, they will understand it completely . Another good feature about this genre is how up to date this is. The ecosystem is going downhill so far, so people will be interested that a organization is making a difference with the marine ecosystem. The last good feature about this genre is how easy it is to create. I found it easy to make a script on a nice organization and advertise their efforts on the ecosystem.

On the topic on creating my text, How did I create it? I’ve created my text by compiling all the relevant and appealing information I could from their organization’s website. By collecting all the information that seems relevant, I’ve created a script that would advertise these achievements, and use them to advertise how good the organization is doing for the ecosystem of New Yorks harbor.From the initial Idea, I intended to just show facts of the organization all by itself. But as I gradually added more information I wanted the audience to feel invited to be a part of the organization. So towards the ending, I put inviting phrases like “Donate now so that you can be a part of the organization”. Some skills that I needed to learn was how to capture the audience. Things like using addressing the audience is really good for making these scripts. In this situation foe looking for help to make this commercial script, I’ve looked in a actual commercial in YouTube, and see what they did to drag the audience.

I feel like I made the commercial a little short, but I got straight to the point of what I wanted to convey to my audience. Some changes that I would like to make is to stretch it a bit more, so that all portions of the script are equal. I feel like I put more information in the middle to ending part, Which made all of the information all in one place. If I had all the money in the world I would make the script better in improving on giving the same amount of information on all portions respectively. With these new skills that I have learned I will be able to advertise my future restaurant and have some understanding of advertisement.

Reference:

Billion Oyster project page-https://www.billionoysterproject.org