Ā Ā I’ve sometimes come across articles or heard from people who had a poor experience with an event company or, more especially, the event coordinator. The reasons they gave for their dissatisfaction were harsh, but regrettably, this is something that a person may do if they are unprofessional and undereducated in the field. I began to wonder what qualities constitute an excellent event planner. It’s impossible to be flawless, and some people don’t like certain things, but what are some key attributes to have in order to succeed in the business and prevent huge mistakes? I’m looking for resources that identify the qualities that constitute a skilled event planner. I also want to take in mind what other students in this field would need to know and how they can be familiar with the flaws as well as the advantages.

Why Itā€™s Important To Build Customer Relationships (And How To Start). (2020, October 27). SmallBiz.Tools. https://smallbiz.tools/importance-building-customer-relationships/

The source is a wonderful illustration of how keeping high-quality customer connections can help a business grow. It also includes data on how 96 percent of consumers consider customer service when selecting whether or not to stay loyal to a company, and how people switch companies for a number of reasons, the most prevalent of which is a sense of unappreciation. The source also offers some advice on how to properly understand how to build these connections, including how to make a customer feel valued, how to utilize tools like the CRM system, enabling your workers to do the correct things, and keeping customers updated about the products you sell.

I used this source to comprehend what it takes to be a great event planner. The employee’s intention is first and foremost. Making relationships with clients and truly participating in what they want on a deeper emotional level is essential in the event industry.  As a result, in a workplace that requires this level of devotion, there should be no place for anything other than visitor happiness. People with different motives frequently provide clients with negative experiences, and I’m sure many people know how it feels when an employee gives off the impression that they’d rather be communicating to someone else than you. For the research question, this document would be a good example of one quality an event planner should have to succeed. The backup information while giving the statistics is something I noticed and appreciated about this website. It demonstrates that the source is trustworthy and honest. Overall, I agree with the information that is presented.

The tone from this source is formal and assertive and the purpose is to inform employees that are seeking to achieve success with their clients. The source is an article that also recommends additional articles that might help you learn more about the topic, which I find to be quite helpful. I observe that the website is industry-focused and tells visitors about resources that can assist them in achieving better results for both industry professionals and students.

Important Quotations  –  ā€œLong-Term Thinking Company keeps in touch, sends surveys to customers, and tracks their preferences in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. As a result, it knows exactly what customers want to see in their products and the right way to promote themā€. 

-ā€œThe top reason customers switch brands is that they feel unappreciatedā€.

Furthermore, this source provided me with a greater grasp of what professionalism is and how critical it is in any field, particularly when it comes to dealing with consumers. Before entering the workforce, it’s a good idea to understand what makes a successful employee. Many companies need people with experience in customer service, and this resource is a fantastic place to learn more about it. Potential or present workers, in my opinion, should take customer connections more seriously since they impact the entire organization.

Keywords: Costumers, Employee, Satisfaction 

How Hospitality Workers are Creatively Filling Event Roles Amid the Labor Shortage ā€“ Event Marketer. (n.d.).  ā€œWww.eventmarketer.com. Retrieved November 20, 2021, from https://www.eventmarketer.com/article/labor-shortage-hospitality-employers-fill-jobs-supporting-events/

This source would be a nice illustration of adaptability while coping with global problems, in this case, the pandemic. The key topics in this magazine source are labor shortages and re-opening. The text tries to highlight the alternatives workers employed to quicken the event industry’s re-opening process. The shortage of personnel has harmed the business as events have become increasingly outdoor-oriented. Companies started hiring and training new employees. Those who do return will be richly rewarded. Wages are at an all-time high, and employers are providing benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and signing bonuses. Companies may respond to the labor crisis by changing their business models to utilize new technology and automation that rely less on human workers, in addition to recruiting temporary workers Other options, such as choosing food and beverage service that requires fewer personnel rather than labor-intensive seated banquets, organizing smaller events, or just recalibrating expectations and being patient with slower service, are more pragmatic. 

I chose this article because it is current and conveys the problems that occur during Covid and what may be done to address the issues that have arisen. I agree with the article since it specifies what the event industry can do to expedite the reopening process and what alternatives other businesses might employ. I’d conduct further study to see what other sites can teach me about how the industry is attempting to creatively rehire their laid-off workers. This source provides several instances of how being flexible and open-minded is one of the most crucial skills in the event sector in order to flourish, which is relevant to my research question. Managing these worries in a more innovative approach rather than simply waiting for things to return to normal is an excellent illustration of what a good professional employee can be.

With a targeted audience of industry experts, the tone from this magazine source is more formal and positive. Because this website is primarily for those who work in the hospitality industry, it is a magazine source that understands the audience and the author’s goals. It was posted by a Manager, Content Development at IDG, Kormanik. B. 

Important Quotations – ā€œTo us, a solution means a lot of pivoting to locate materials that are readily available and comparable as well as feasible from a structural engineering standpoint, so we can offer our clients the same level of quality while meeting timelines and budgets.ā€

Keywords: Hospitality, re-opening, workers.

The 4 Traits of A Successful Wedding Planner. (n.d.). Event Leadership Institute. Retrieved November 21, 2021, from https://eventleadershipinstitute.com/the-4-traits-of-a-successful-wedding-planner/

This blog post lists four characteristics of a good event planner: confidence, cleverness, intuition, and creativity. Confidence –  Organizing events may be stressful and filled with conflicting emotions, thus one must be able to remain confident when making difficult decisions. Clever – When you have to think your way through, around, and beneath an issue in order to solve it under time constraints, you are being clever. This quality is required to think in an unexpected manner in order to discover a solution to the challenge at hand. Intuitiveness – When your client is unclear of what they want or, in some situations, does not know how to convey their wants, your intuition comes into play. It’s all about picking up on signs, reading between the lines, and listening intently. Last but not least, there’s creativity, which is one of the most crucial skills to possess; without it, one will struggle to deal with planning events. Both the aesthetics and logistics of an event, as well as the interpersonal dynamics that change with each customer, necessitate inventiveness.

I agree with the author’s statement. This article clarifies what goes into event planning. It is straightforward and conveys to the reader that the event planning sector is difficult, but that with the appropriate traits, one may succeed. Being creative, smart, intuitive, and self-assured are all qualities that one should possess.

The tone from this source is optimistic and formal. I can see that the author has experience in this field and suggests other blogs to further read more about event management skills. The source is for industry professionals to read and gain knowledge in their careers. I like that the website is specifically for people working in events. The source is a blog post created by By Howard Givner

Important quotations – ā€œ Creativity, I believe, is a way of thinking, not just about design, but about everything. ā€œ

Keywords: wedding planner, events, creativity

7 Precepts of successful event organisation. | Andrew Jose | TEDxYouth@NIA. (n.d.). Www.youtube.com. Retrieved November 22, 2021, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r4OYwapPO0&list=LL&index=3&t=184s

ā€Œ The 7 Precepts of Successful Event Planning are explained in this video. This site provides a more extensive description of what effective event planners do to preserve confidence and avoid stress during the planning process. Organization skills, leadership abilities, finding partners/sponsors, finding team members, and how to successfully execute the event are just a few examples. Overall, the video’s core message is to use these principles to plan and execute an event that will be recognized by others.

In my perspective, the video is straightforward and professional. I can tell the speaker has prior expertise in this profession since he begins the conversation by mentioning his work in the event business. The information he supplied is useful since all of the skills he listed were reasonable. These abilities, in my opinion, are useful in a variety of occupations. This video, in my opinion, is a fantastic example of what makes a great event planner.

This video has a pragmatic and professional tone to it. Andrew Jose’s TEDx Talk is the source of this video. People who wish to learn more about event planning or who are just getting started in this sector are the target audience.

Important quotations:ā€ Each step has a designated place and if you change the order in which you execute them in a way that will take the balance of the structure the entire event can come to a failure or there may be a lot of problems in while you’re organizing the eventā€

Keywords: precepts, events, skills

Finally, I’ve gathered some useful information on the most important attributes of an event planner. Starting with customer service, which provided useful advice on how the company may go forward by concentrating more on how they treat their customers. Another quality that is tough to attain under pressure but can be managed with devotion and practice is flexibility. Being clever, self-assured in your talents, intuitive, and creative. Another thing I’ve discovered is that obtaining sponsors and partners for your event may save you time and money. Being organized, as well as how each process has a proper time and sequence in which it must be performed. Many individuals avoid understanding the unpleasant realities of a job, thus students who desire to follow this field should be aware of these characteristics. This is a time-consuming and challenging job, but understanding these attributes will prepare you and give you an idea of what to anticipate.

Project #3 genre: Blog Post