Food for Thought” by Pedro via Flickr CC BY 2.0

The idea for Food for Thought came to me as I tried to imagine ways we could develop a sense of community through the digital medium we’re using for remote learning. As I was working to develop my ENG 1101 course to fit into the Writing a Recipe for Hospitality Leadership First Year Learning Community, I started finding things–articles, tweets, photographs, etc–that I knew I would want to share with you. And I knew all three professors would want to hear from you, and would want you to share with each other, the things you encounter that we would benefit from knowing about.

I love that the idiom food for thought connects to the idea of food, which relates to your major, but also the idea of nourishing our thinking. Please use this space to share interesting things you encounter throughout the semester, and not just food-related things! Think of this space as a pin board for what catches our eyes, piques our interest, entices our taste buds, sends us relaxing, heightens our awareness, etc.

To add to this space, write a post and choose the category Food for Thought under FYLC. Your post can be related to any of the three courses in this FYLC, or none of them!