Prof. Goodlad HMGT 1101 | Prof. Stewart HMGT 1102 | Prof. Rosen ENG 1101

Your Thoughts Please

The recent Grubstreet article Yes, Food-Delivery Workers Were Out in Last Nights Deadly Floods shares videos, photos and commentary about the food industry’s delivery system and consumer demands.

I would love to know your thoughts. Food deliver workers continued to work during the storm, should they have?

1. Erick Panama

To the food-delivery workers that were outside during those horrible weather conditions should be rewarded with something.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

I do hope the people who ordered food tipped well, I wish they just did not order food so that these people would not be at risk.

2. ia Macharashvili

Brave for them to deliver food during the storm, But also wouldn’t say they had to. They absolutely should be reworded.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

I often wonder what made them show up to work that evening.

3. Guadalupe Saraie Campos

I acknowledge any of those who risked their lives to deliver during the storm. In this case I feel like they shouldn’t have delivered food but I do understand why they would because they are trying to provide what ever income is possible for their families especially during these hard times . I 100% agree that they should definitely be rewarded.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Situations like these bring out the inequity in service workers earn their income.

4. Tyrah

No I think it was too dangerous for anyone to be working during this storm, and most delivery people travel on bikes which is way worst then delivering in a car. They deserve to be rewarded yes, but then again for most delivery people who work for uber, doordash, ect. it was their choice to work.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

Yes, choice but I wonder what were they deciding between?

5. Maria Isabel Gonzalez

First of all, to the people that delivered, they should get like a raise or something well rewarded. On times like these, they should shut down everything for the sake of the people who are working. I agree with my classmates on the fact they were really brave. But again, they shouldn’t have delivered food during the storm.

• Prof. Karen Goodlad

An I guess we should also consider, as you suggested, the people who made the food. Yes, they were inside a restaurant but they needed to travel to and from work.

6. Shakhzoda Obidova

I agree with my classmates they should definitely be rewarded because they’re putting themselves at risk to deliver food .