For unit three I’ve decided I want to create a comic book, this is because I’ve never done one for an assignment and also because I have experience with art. I also believe just like my podcast from last semester, I can make it really entertaining and engaging. My mentor text is The Killing Joke by Allan Moore and Brian Bolland. In the comic book there are a lot of phrases and words that come up, and when they do there is a color or font change to put emphasis on a word. This helps the reader understand not only how the words would be said but to let us in on the importance of said word and it’s tone. There is clearly a beginning middle and end, however sprinkled throughout the comic there are also flashbacks which are present when the color of the panels change to an old time like rustic color. The audiences goal is to make the reader feel uncomfortable and in distress while reading, just as the characters are. They express this through characters faces, interactions, and the overall pallet choice given to make the book seem less saturated and scary. The author often times gives specific pages one panel if the scene is of importance, or multiple panels on a page if an action scene is occurring. Also if there is a revelation or scare it’s on the next page so that the second you turn it you are caught off guard, and this really helps to engage the audience.