Research Question: How can we get society to understand Neurodiversity?

The summary of Psych2Go’s ‘5 Interesting Facts About ADHD’ is telling me things about ADHD that I have not heard before and/or often misconstrued by the public.

Psych2Go is a YouTube channel and their mission is to educate viewers on psychology that would benefit us. They want what is best for the viewer, but not resort to self-diagnosing themselves based on what is said in the video. If the viewer is experiencing symptoms on what is said in the video, Psych2Go believes that the viewer should speak to a medical professional on possible clinical diagnostics and next steps. The narrator says, “Instead of losing our patience with them, it’s best to approach them in ways that we can help them grow and feel understood.” This quotation is acting as a base, the root of the video altogether. By telling me that folks who “suffer”with this mental disorder makes people inpatient with them will make the person who has Attention Deficit Hyper Disorder feel worse about themselves and that’s something you don’t want to do. People who have ADHD don’t want to be declined by anyone. Already they feel like a burden to their family, friends, and peers. It’s important for everyone to be equal because we all fight for equality in society, so why are people with ADHD or other mental disorders unintentionally considered less? The root of my research question is getting society to realize that people who are Neurodiversity can still be in the workforce, can go to school, can do things a “normal” person can, etc.