A written genre that can help portray the truth about racism in the north is a biography of a person who experienced it. Experience is a good way to draw the reader’s attention to the meaning of the topic. I believe that it allows them to imagine the circumstance and grasp the meaning of it. For example in James Baldwin, “A Talk To Teachers”, though it was brief, he explained the effects racism had in the North. He discussed the different neighborhoods that black and white people lived in, and that description in itself creates an image of inequality or disparity.

For this topic, I want to learn about the truth from black people of that time (in an old written piece) or black historians who have studied African American history. In my opinion, I believe that black people who have experienced that type of discrimination and who understand how detrimental it is should be the key sources when writing a piece that exposes the lies of American history. I think that these types of sources can be found on websites that specifically teach about African American history, black-owned or controlled websites, as well as websites that tell the whole truth regarding American history.