Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

Homework 10/01/2020

Something i was interested in when i was younger was astrology and criminal justice. Although i grew out of my astrology phase for the most part i still had and have a connection to criminal justice. I think my attraction to it arose in elementary school first, because i saw that there were people out there helping to put ā€œbad peopleā€ away. However really Iā€™ve been interested in it mainly since i was in middle school, initially i wanted to be a cop. Then i realized that the less physical and hands on aspect suited me more such as being a lawyer, paralegal assistant, or judge. So thatā€™s initially where my fascination began. I started getting more of an understanding in history, although not many questions were answered. Although in school we learn about things that have some sort of connection to law, we never really learn about anything thatā€™s really in and of itself law. Like we never learned about the different type of courts, but we were taught things like the amendments which i guess are just as useful. My curiosity hasnā€™t really changed, but it definitely has grown. I have a deep adoration for law and people in law, because not only are they making a change but they help keep the peace. I guess the education system did a good job of teaching the basics i needed to know, such as my amendments. However there is a lot more to law that i hadnā€™t learned or been aware of. Ā I think the more i learn about law in college the more i really want to be involved and provide some type of help. Especially as a black, LGBT+ member i feel as though it is imperative that i add more representation in that field and it makes me more eager to start working.

1. Carrie Hall

This is so good. I think for the research project, you’ll need to narrow it down, but for now, you can start with law or amendments or even LGBTQ+ law.