Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

End-Of-The-Semester Self

So, you reached the end of the semester… and you survived. All you do is sit and write because that is what keeps your brain going and that was what the assignment entailing of you to do. Sometimes, you’re upset and take all that sadness and put that into your naps. Have you found a glimmer of hope or happiness? You are taking steps to success, but happiness should be there too. I hope that in the next year you are smiling because you found the right people and your tears are streaming of joy. Next semester, you should continue working hard enough to get good results for yourself and not put yourself down all the time. You know AGUST D wrote a song called “People” where he sings and raps about himself and the aspects of his life. Do these lyrics ring a bell?

“Umm. Why so serious? (Why so serious?)
Why so serious? (Why so serious?) Why so serious? (Why so?)
Umm. I’m so serious (I’m so serious)
I’m so serious (I’m so serious) I’m so, I’m so”

He wrote these lyrics to help you understand why his life was a rumble between success and happiness and that joy should come from being happy instead of subtracting it to have success.

“So what?
What if you just brush by?
So what?
What if you get hurt?
Sometimes you might get hurt again
Sometimes you might shed tears upset
So what?
What if you live like that?”

Just another reminder that it’s okay to be like this right now because your feelings are valid to me.

For anyone interested on giving the song a listen, here’s the link:

1. Carmen

How you feel right now will never be forever focusing yourself in what you want to succeed in will be the happiness you probably looking forward to. Hopefully this year goes as you wish.