Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

Its Beauty in the struggle

When it comes to online learning i guess you can say that I am nervous. Being in my house I am able to get easily distracted. I would use the term “Nervous” to describe how I am feeling about my first semester at City Tech being that Online learning is something I have not gotten use to , and as a result of that I fear that I would lose the sense of bettering my future for me, and my future family.

When it comes down to my first semester I am worried about the work, and the stress that will come behind it. I feel like not being able to actually have that college experience , and physically not being able to walk the halls , build friendships, and ask for help in person worries me. Not actually being able to gain a sense of extra help when I need things to either be explained or if I need A extra push is probably what is gonna be my biggest concern. Hopefully I would be able to get out of that.

The Quote “Its beauty in the struggle , and ugliness in the success ” Is probably what means the most to me during this time. I say this because I believe that being in quarantine , and going to college is gonna be probably the biggest struggle that I have to face, but at the same time Its okay for me to struggle as long as I am able to pick myself back up again is all that matters.

– I did not know how to add the picture so I just typed up the quote

1. Carrie Hall

Daziah– the video I attached in the post shows you how to add an image.

I agree– I don’t like teaching in quarantine either. I prefer being in person, meeting you guys and being in the classroom. But please know that even online you can always ask for help! I will always be online on Mondays from 2-3 pm for our optional meeting, and I will always stick around after our required Wednesday class (2-3 pm) for office hours if you have questions. You can also always email me at chall@citytech.cuny.edu to ask questions or to set up an appointment. What I’m saying is: you will be able to ask for help!

One more thing: I almost didn’t see this, because you clicked the wrong category. Not a big deal! But going forward, remember to click the category for the unit we are in. Right now, we’re in “intro.” (I fixed it.)

Dr. Hall