Hall English 1101 Fall 2020

Afraid Yet Hopeful

Online learning is still new to me even though I experienced it when quarantine first began.

I am afraid that I will resort back to my old ways. Procrastinating, getting distracted, and giving up on my dreams. Online learning has put things in a harsh perspective for me. It kind of forced me to recognize that this is life now; things will become hard, but what will I do to overcome it?

Time doesn’t wait for you. You either do what you need to do to achieve your goals or you wallow in self pity forever. It’s on me, not anyone else.

I want to be successful and I will be successful. I always tell others to follow their dreams and it’s time I listen to my own advice. I will no longer be scared about possibilities that hasn’t happened. I will lead steadfast.

This was honestly all over the place, but online learning and quarantine made me realize many things about myself that I was too afraid to admit.

1. Carrie Hall

Yes– quarantine, as much as it… well, sucks, has put things into perspective. I was watching a TV show the other day and this woman was dying of cancer and she was painting in her deathbed and she was yelling at her nurse: “Don’t you realize this is what time is FOR?!”

It’s such a strange time for us as a country. I’m so sorry you guys are deprived of your first semester actually in the school.