Living Lab General Education Seminar

active 4 months, 1 week ago
Living Lab General Education Seminar
This Project is OPEN.
School
Technology & Design, Professional Studies, Arts & Sciences
Project Description

This is a collaborative space for use by Living Laboratory General Education Seminar participants. This seminar will concentrate on incorporating the general education outcome of Information Literacies into our courses focusing on Kuh’s High Impact Educational Practices, place based learning, open pedagogy and assessment practices.

Metacognition and Learning

Student's discussions about learning are important in many ways. This article shares some ways in […] See MoreMetacognition and Learning

Reflection

I came across this document. I use reflection in all my courses and workshops. How do you use […] See MoreReflection

Place-Based Learning Seminar at the Brooklyn Navy Yard

Below are a few photos from the Place-Based Learning Seminar on March 17th 2017 at the Brooklyn […] See MorePlace-Based Learning Seminar at the Brooklyn Navy Yard

My students have a specific domain they can apply ethical thought. Entertainment production […] See More

It is all to easy to "turn off" and not listen to an opposing view/value. Exercising ethical […] See More

We are forever faced with decisions and thinking through the ethical reason process even briefly […] See More

Considerations of Ethical Reasoning in our Courses and Through Open Pedagogy

I agree with Prof Jieun Yang on the importance of reflection and collaboration in the process of exploring ethical reasoning. Reflection can clarify issues and individual points-of-view. When collaboration and discussion are brought in to […] See MoreConsiderations of Ethical Reasoning in our Courses and Through Open Pedagogy

3 Rules to Spark Learning

@Lynn, encouraging participation as you do is a great way to engage all students. I think you will find benefit in the Open Pedagogy seminar we offer. This will provide you another way to engage all learners. See More3 Rules to Spark Learning

If my students are information literate….

Feb 26 - Open Pedagogy - Post it notes If my students are information literate ……. 1. Develop new, effective systems 2. Students can find (know that they should look for) information that challenges the thesis/ideas pre […] See MoreIf my students are information literate….

Spring 2017 Small Group Meetings

To arrange a meeting to review your enhanced student hand out and activity template add your name to the right of the times listed below. Two faculty members per meeting time is optimum. All meetings will take place in my office, N200. I […] See MoreSpring 2017 Small Group Meetings