English 1101-0384

active 1 day, 12 hours ago
English 1101-0384
This Course Profile is OPEN, but only logged-in OpenLab members may view the Course Site.
English
1101-0384

This course will introduce you to academic writing; students will develop a basic foundation for academic writing that focuses on processes such as persuasion/argument and analysis.

This course may be cloned by logged-in faculty.

Girl by Jamaica Kincaid

Interpretation: In “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid, the narrator is giving advice to her daughter, that she thinks will help her keep herself together. She tells her daughter how to do household chores like laundry, sewing, ironing, coo […] See MoreGirl by Jamaica Kincaid

The Yellow Paper

I believe this lady was basically paying attention to detail. There wasn't much going on in her life at this point. She needed something to do to kill time. She was an elderly women living in a nursery where she made it known she was out […] See MoreThe Yellow Paper

Yellow Wallpaper

In “The Yellow Wallpaper” by Charlotte Perkins Gilman, the narrator leads into a discussion about her illness. She is suffering from “nervous depression" and dealing with her husband, who belittles her illness and her thoughts. Her husba […] See MoreYellow Wallpaper

Declaration of Human Rights

Article 16  (1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality, or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during the marriage, and at its […] See MoreDeclaration of Human Rights

Introduction/Declaration Article 2

My name is Brianna Lewis, I am 18 years old and I'm from Long island. I work in an auto/rental company and I’m also a babysitter. I chose city tech to get into a new environment, while commuting but because of the virus a lot of […] See MoreIntroduction/Declaration Article 2

Introduction

My name is Luis Salgado I am a freshman in college. I am 33 years old and I work full time. I have been a union carpenter for 13 years. I graduated from the New York City District Council of Carpenters which is a 4 year program. This p […] See MoreIntroduction