Digital Interview for the Conrad Hotel

http://hirevue.force.com/E2Candidate/articles/How_To/On-Demand-Interview-Video-Tutorial-E2-candidate?retURL=〈=en_US

I just took a digital interview for a position at the Conrad Hotel, and wanted to share my experience. I did not like it! It wasn’t a live interview where I was speaking with another person, just a recording of yourself answering a few questions. The link above explains the process.

I just didn’t feel like the recording was a great representation of who I am. I didn’t look or sound like myself, which made me uncomfortable. I definitely prefer speaking and engaging with a real live person!!

I just thought I’d share this experience as I am sure more companies are going to implement this hiring process.

This entry was posted in Industry Research Posts. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Digital Interview for the Conrad Hotel

1. Jennifer Lin says:

This seems to be a new trend in the hiring process. I too feel it is not the best way to hire. I agree, recording ourselves make us more nervous and make us focus more on the way we sound like or look like, rather than focusing on answering the questions and details. It saves the company time to meet with us face to face, but it will sure lessen my confident.

2. Greg says:

I had the same experience with Hilton!Except I preferred this method. I would rather be alone in a room and use those few practice questions to get in the zone, and then when the real questions come I am more loose. I like just speaking to a camera because I feel I am not being judged instantly.. I at least have one day until I become judged. I guess I just feel more at home.