Eirini Papanikola

I am a freshman at NYCCT, and I major in Hospitality management. I was born and raised in Greece, and moved to New York when I was 12 years young. I attended Benjamin N. Cardozo High School in Bayside, Queens. Just a few years ago I started working at a Greek Orthodox private school in Queens, called Holy Cross. I worked as an after school teacher, a job which made me realize that teaching, is not really my passion and is something that I do not want to do for the rest of my life.

As I began looking into college and career options, I was excited learning about hospitality management, an industry my step-father has been in for the past 25 years. He, who works at the Strand Hotel in NYC as the GM, decided to take me to his job one day and showed me around. I later on started working as an intern in the hotel for a few weeks. I worked in the front desk, and as the hostess of their restaurant. The hotel industry is something I would love to look more into, it is a field that i would definitely do well in. I was able to understand the power of service and how it impacts great guest experiences. My step-father was able to give me a true understanding of his daily work at the hotel, which has inspired me to pursue studying hospitality management. I enjoy traveling as well, and I would definitely enjoy having a job that consists of traveling around the world. As of now, my career goal is to be a successful hotel manager in NYC and other places around the world. I want to follow my step-father’s footsteps and be successful, because one of my main strengths is that if I truly want something, I do whatever I can to make it happen. My academic goal is to get really good marks and a high GPA, which will help me get my bachelors degree in hospitality.

2 thoughts on “Eirini Papanikola

1. Irina Kupershteyn

i totally know where you are coming from…my mom was also against me going into different majors…She always wanted me to go to nursing, but i know i wouldn’t of ever pulled it off. What you have to realize is that its your future and you will be in charge of whatever you choose.

2. Prof. Karen Goodlad

You have a great leader in your life to show you the right direction to hotel management. Service is of the utmost importance, listening and acting and thinking and planning all lead to a positive service experience for both the guest and the employee.