36 hours on Brooklyn Waterfront — Zhang Feng

36 hours in Brooklyn

Brooklyn history introduction “Brooklyn is the most populous of New York City’s five boroughs, with about 2.6 million people, as well as the second-largest in area. It is geographically adjacent to the borough of Queens at the western end of Long Island. Since 1896, Brooklyn has had the same boundaries as Kings County, which is the most populous county in New York and the second-most densely populated county in the United States, after New York County (Manhattan). Today, if it were an independent city, Brooklyn would rank as the fourth most populous city in the U.S., behind only the other boroughs of New York City combined, Los Angeles, and Chicago.”

Friday:
1. Eat around the Brooklyn waterfront./ 5pm

There are several food vendors with delicious treats, the first place I went to is calling “Mac Shack”. The Mac and cheese at Mac shack ranks up there with the most renowned Mac spots in the city. I got the vegan Mac which was packed with veggies including mushrooms, tomatoes and green beans. It was well baked to give it a crispy but not burnt taste. It was also very cheesy which a plus is always.

mac-shack-274x366

1. Visit the living place / 10pm

The “Box Hotel” in 77 Box Street in Brooklyn is an excellent place! First of all, this Hotel is perfectly situated in the very far north of Brooklyn, with only a Bridge separating Queens. It’s an old converted warehouse, and outside you kind of feel you’re in an Industrial Area, But inside, what a different world which got better and better. Reception was always being nice to people, nothing was too much trouble and they were very knowledgeable about the local area, even giving us free Subway maps and Timetables. Everything except the wifi was perfect. Nice and clean, great staff, loved our room, the view and the bed. At first the bed gave me a surprise, it was so firm and hard. I love hard beds!

full-view-of-the-suite

Saturday

1. Dinner in “Ale House”/ 6pm

I went is “Ale house”, in there, the menu might read very pedestrian, basic BBQ, burgers etc, and also there was a serious chef in that kitchen! The food comes out so fast, not even west my time to wait for it which is good because I hate waiting. On a recent visit I ordered a chicken bacon burger, which was a patty made of ground chicken and bacon, super flavorful and not like anything else I’ve tried.  The hand cut fries are delicious; ask for the house-made hot sauce and ketchup.

milwaukee-ale-house-lg

1. Having fun with “Music” / 8pm

After I have a dinner, I was going to visit a famous building named “BAM” (Brooklyn Academy of Music), I am a music fans, I love music very much, so I decided to go there. In there you will see information about this building; it wrote “BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) is a not-for-profit performing- and cinema-arts center founded in 1861. In addition to the more than 200 stage performances the academy presents annually, BAM café Live puts on 75 free performances every year. If you’re more of a film buff, the center has a four-screen cinema that shows new movies as well as repertory films.”880-dsc-0003

Sunday

1. Shopping in Williamsburg Sunday Brooklyn Flea / 1pm to 5pm

Once I woke up, I can not wait to shopping in outdoor of Williamsburg Sunday Brooklyn Flea, in there, plenty of vendors selling both food and wares, located on the banks of the East River, have impressive views of the Manhattan skyline. The Flea is sandwiched in between the North side Pier and Park and the East River Park, giving visitors plenty of space to lounge. About 75% of Brooklyn Flea vendors are vintage sellers – clothing, shoes, and handbags, mostly for women. Handmade jewelry, handmade clothing and crafts are also well-represented. In the back of the market (closer to the East River) you’ll find a group of furniture sellers with fantastic vintage pieces, from desks to cabinets to eccentric clocks and lamps. The largest vendors (selling clothing and shoes) are the mainstays of the flea marketbkfleaphoto 2

THE DETAILS:

The picture and data comes form:

The Brooklyn Academy of Music (3/7/2012) : http://adalahny.org/public-event/771/protest-batsheva-dance-companys-2012-performances-bam ADD:30 Lafayette Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11217

The Ale house : http://www.esquire.com/bestbars/bb-milwaukee-ale-house ADD:540 2nd Avenue New York, NY 10016

The Box hotel: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60827-d2452838-Reviews-The_Box_House_Hotel-Brooklyn_New_York.html ADD: 77 Box Street Brooklyn, NY 11222

Mac Shack , (09/05/12) : http://brooklynbased.com/blog/2012/09/05/doin-one-thing-and-doin-it-well-the-mac-shack/ ADD: 901 Fulton Street Brooklyn, NY 11238

Williamsburg Sunday Brooklyn Flea : (10/12/ 2012) http://iheartparsons.com/2012/10/12/neighborhood-tour-williamsburg/ ADD:176 Lafayette Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11238

One thought on “36 hours on Brooklyn Waterfront — Zhang Feng