Victoria Kitsos

I was always encouraged by my family to try new foods. Still to this day I am a very adventures person. I love to try new foods even if they might seem, or look weird. I was born and raised in Queens New York. I went to Long Island City High School, and there is where it all began. I was mentored and trained by two wonderful teachers, Mr. Matsis and, Ms. Molite. They saw the passion and love I had to learn about cooking, and told me about C-CAP.C-CAP is a organization that looks for young high school students who dream to become chefs or a part of the culinary industry.

I’ve done a lot of competing to get where I am today. I am a firm believer of will power, as long as you set yourself a list of goals and remind yourself that you can do this, I believe that you will. I was given many opportunities to do workshops that trained me on safety and sanitation, knife skills, basic skills, and job skills. I was also trained with people skills, such as how to handle a sticky situation. When I worked in NBC Commissary in Rockefeller center I put those skills to the test. I had to deal with a lot of people some doubted me and told me I’m in the wrong career path, after hearing that for a while I really thought I was. But I didn’t let that discourage me and I worked my way through it. Because some people like, Executive Chef. Steven Mule a NYCCT graduate thought I was going to be perfect in this industry. I told him about my goals and dreams. He put me to work at the grill station, deli, hot station, cold station, prep cook, and catering. After working here it really opened my eyes to all that I can do. Before I started working here I made a list of goals and planned on achieving as much as I could. When it was time to go back to school I sat down with Chef Mule and talked to him about the next steps in my career. Here is where I was convinced City Tech would be my new home.

For every stage in my life I make up a list of goals. Currently some of my goals are to continue to gain experience working in all types of settings in the industry. That way I can find out what exactly I want to do in the future.

One thought on “Victoria Kitsos