Response 5

In my opinion, Dracula has a few similarities to Frankienstien in a sense that he’s being judged before people get to know & understand him. Dracula is known as this vampire that’s harmful to others but he’s also a well educated & hospitable gentlemen. As planned, Jonathan, a young English lawyer, got to meet Dracula. He did fear him a little as the peasants warned him about where he was heading. They gave him a crucifixes to protect him against all evil but I’m guessing that didn’t work because Dracula was plotting on Jonathan to keep him to himself. An example of this would be when Jonathan was in the house & the female vampires began to seductively attack him, but Dracula then slaved them off saying Jonathan belonged to him. This frightened him a lot. He really feared for his life being that he was out there alone. To me, it’s kind of like Dracula wants Jonathan to become one of his vampires. The plot is a little weird but throughout the book you can tell there’s a lot of gothic literature going on, just mainly based off the fact that it’s based off an vampire. I have to say this is my 2nd favorite reading.

This entry was posted in Response 5. Bookmark the permalink.