Response 5

The story of Dracula bring back a lot of nostalgic memories to me, since growing up we would see movies and hear stories about vampires during Halloween time.This story has a lot of the Gothic themes we have gone over in class such as magic, horror, mystery and the fear of the unknown.  Something i really liked about this story compared to other vampire stories such as twilight is that they didn’t try to disguise the vampire as a handsome guy or something like that, they just made him really ugly which really adds to the fear created by the vampire himself. The female vampires are still very sexual but its a way to show that they get their prey by seducing others sort of like a succubus or a siren which are believed to be demons that seduce men and then kill them. Another thing that I see in common with most of these Gothic stories is that you shouldn’t let curiosity get the better of you. In Frankenstein Victor was curious about seeing if he could create life on his own and in Dracula, Johnathan wanted to know more about the castle and what Dracula really was and he saw something he never wanted to see again. I really enjoyed the reading because I like when stories have mysterious vibes to them it keeps me wanting to know more.

This entry was posted in Response 5. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Response 5

1. marvi krifca says:

I agree with you that you shouldn’t be that curious because you never know what might happen to you if you’re not careful.