Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #17

The discourse community that I believe will benefit from the research that I have conducted and compiled would be the Climate Change deniers, as well as the people who believe that climate change is irreversible. Climate change deniers and the people who believe climate change is irreversible don’t know that much about the subject evidently. Though the proper sources are out there, they tend to be around an echochamber of people voicing the same pseudoscience as well as wrong information that they claim is fact. Some of the concerns and assumptions that climate change deniers have is that climate change is a natural occurrence that happens, and that it’s a cycle. This is true to an extent, however temperatures have only gone up significantly higher than normal because of humans. Some concerns and assumptions that the community of people who believe that climate change cannot be reversed is that the ozone layer of the atmosphere cannot repair itself. These communities will benefit from my research because through my research, its shows that climate change is indeed a real event, and it also shows that there is in fact a way to reverse it. The best genre for this research would be an essay. This is because it would create a formal tone as well as easily create a call to action.

1. Ruth Garcia

An essay is okay but it can’t be a traditional essay because this has to be a multi-modal piece. So it has to be a magazine article/essay–something you like what you might see in National Geographic. But you could also think of a public service announcement or a TED talk or some a news report segment.