Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #12: Researching

The question I will be using is “How are animals affected by climate changes?”

I became interested in the topic of “Climate Change” after watching many documentaries on National geography during the pandemic. The documentaries covered the melting of the ice caps and showed the effect it has on Animals such as polar bears, seals, and walruses. While watching this I wondered where else in the world, is Climate change having an effect. This topic is not only important because of the animals being put in danger but also because each ecosystem plays a role in the survival of humans as well. For example, if a certain species were to overpopulate due to lack of predators and devastate forests around the world air would become filthy without the trees to filter out all of the carbon dioxides. I specified the question because of the comment left by Professor Garcia on my last post. She helped me to narrow down my interest in one question.

While doing my research I expect to learn many things. I expect to learn how different animals cope with the change in the climate. I would also like to find out what other parts of the world can the effects of climate change can be seen in. Also, I would like to learn about the different initiatives being taken to preserve the animals and the natural beauty of our world.

1. Ruth Garcia

Great. Two things to keep in mind–one is that this will become the first draft of the introductory section of your annotated bibliography but maybe you want a reason other than me for arriving at the question. 🙂
    And the second thing that occurs to me is that you might still want to further narrow down your focus. You’ll see as you research but you might want to focus on animals in a particular region.
    Also, did you see my note asking for a google link that I could edit for your essay? Please email that to me so I can give you feedback and a grade.