Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - OL78 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity # 11: Developing research questions

The topic that I am choosing to write about is Climate change.

After doing my research I found that certain gases in the atmosphere block heat from escaping. Those gases that remain semi-permanently in the atmosphere and do not respond physically or chemically to changes in temperature are described as “forcing” climate change. Another fact that I came across is that the most abundant greenhouse gas is Water Vapor, but importantly, it acts as a feedback to the climate. Water vapor increases as the Earth’s atmosphere warms, but so does the possibility of clouds and precipitation. Also, I found that human activities over the past 50 years have warmed our planet exponentially.

Questions:

• What can we do to lessen the damage we have done to the atmosphere?
  • Why are we not taking Climate change seriously?
  • How are Animals affected by this change in Climate?
  • What steps are being taken so far to counteract the effects of Climate Change?

1. Ruth Garcia

I would use:
    How can countries? individuals? (both? you pick) counteract the effects of Climate Change?
    With What can we do to lessen the damage we have done to the atmosphere?–who is we?The nation? The local government? the individual? corporations?
    I’m not sure that “Why are we not taking Climate change seriously?” will lead to enough–but you can try if that is the question you prefer.
    The animal question, I would say is going to be too an exact an answer. You might ask something like the questions above but for anmials–so something like: How are animals affected by climate changes? And, what can the government do to lesson the effects of climate change on the animal population?