Dear Professor Ruth Garcia,

I found it most easier to express my thoughts through a letter than through a speech. In the letter I could write in more detail which I can use to convey my ideas more clearly than through a speech where if did that it would’ve slowed down the speech and made it less convincing. Versus a traditional academic essay I much rather the letter format because of the structure and of how a regular academic essay is done it would’ve made writing more constrictive and I wouldn’t have to opportunity to personalize it with as much freedom I had with the letter.

I took a lot of inspiration from Wollstonecraft’s letter. I liked how she use a passive aggressive tone and flattery in parts of her letter directed to the recipient and how she spoke like she was an expert on the topic, which she was and did a good job of showing it. I tried to incorporate those into my letter because it would’ve personalize and made it more convincing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12FJF_2zBiEMomjLgq6mm3uMl7vNHKjvQV-3RfOu87kQ/edit?usp=sharing