Prof. Garcia | ENG 1121 - HD18 | Spring 2022

Pick A Model & Organize Your Ideas

The model I am using is a letter and the discourse community I choose to write about is the nursing program community. I’m writing to individuals who are thinking about enrolling in or applying to the nursing program.

I am writing this letter to inform those who are considering applying, on the premise that everyone should have a backup plan or another alternative option in mind before enrolling in a nursing program. This is due to the fact that you remain undeclared until you are enrolled in the nursing program. You are not accepted into the nursing program right away, you must take prerequisite coursework and take the TEAS test. Therefore, if you do not pass the exam or obtain optimal scores in these prerequisites, then you are not admitted into the program. If you pass a certain amount of credits without getting into the nursing program then, you will be obliged to change your major. So the purpose of this letter is to advise you that anyone considering enrolling in a nursing program should have a backup plan. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting time and money trying to get into it, and in the case, you don’t get in, you’ll be stuck with no other alternatives. So consider your other possibilities and options. Many people apply to this program hoping to get accepted, but keep in mind that only the finest of the best are accepted. Higher-scoring applicants are more likely to get approved. In addition, keep in mind that there are a limited number of seats available, so not everyone will be accepted. I’d like to voice my issue about the inadequate seating and the large number of individuals attempting to get in as well as advise those who do not have a backup plan in place, that it would be a wiser decision to.

1. Ruth Garcia

Sonia, This is great! You have such a clear description of the many elements of this problem. Now just think about how you will organize the letter and what detailed and vivid examples of the problem you can provide to help your audience feel/understand the problem.