Professor: Joe Brogdon

Discussion: Introductions

Hello, my name is Melanie Sacta Sanchez, I use she/they pronouns, I am doing pre nursing classes and my major is currently Health science. I choose health care as a career path because I am very interested in biology/chemistry and the human body since I was a kid. My mother had a very strong influence being as though she was a doctor in her home country. She would teach me a lot growing up and being around that environment naturally made me curious and I soon found a passion for it myself. Apart from my academic interests I enjoy drawing and art in general, Music being another one of my favorite art forms, I like listening to R&B, Pop, Rap, Kpop, Neo soul, Jazz, Bossanova.. etc. I also like skateboarding more specifically long boarding, I enjoy the cruising aspect of a longboard better than skate boarding but I like both in general. I value quality time with all of the people I hold close and a big part of my interactions with friends is through shared interest like music and physical activity. In my family we use the phrase “El sol no tapa con un dedo” which means you can’t cover the sun with one finger. This is interpreted in many ways by many different people depending on who you ask but in my family we interpret it is as a way to say you cannot hide behind lies and it is a reminder to always be honest and truthful.

1. Ashton James

Hello, my name is Ashton James. My pronouns are He/Him. I am a Career Technical Education Major in my First Year. I am a Student-Teacher at A-Tech H.S. located in Greenpoint. I teach Automotive Steering and Suspension to 10th Graders and assist my mentor in teaching other grades. I chose this path because of my deep interest in Automotive and motorsport and I felt that I could challenge myself by becoming a teacher. My favorite hobbies are working on cars and watching motorsports such as Formula 1 and Endurance Racing.