SGA Professionalization Events

City Tech’s Student Government Association is holding several professionalization events. I would encourage you all to attend as many of these as possible. If you would like to earn extra credit, you may write a 250-word memo outlining what learned from one event. Email your memo to me as a Word docx file to earn the extra credit.

Greetings

My name is Josue Kersaint, I am the Student Government Part-time/Evening Student Representative. On behalf of Student Government, I would like to invite you all to participate and inform your students about our Professional Week from April 24th to April 28th.

The week’s events include:

04/24 Professional Dress workshop 6pm-8pm Amphitheater

Students will be advised on the DOs and DON’Ts of Professional attire and the differences among the various ways of dressing.

04/25 ResumĂ© Building and Interview skills workshop 1pm – 3pm Amphitheater

Students will be given pointers on how their resumé should look, how to tailor it for each position to which they apply, how to prepare for interviews, how to successfully and confidently answers questions.

04/26 Budgeting for students workshop 3:30pm – 5:30pm N119

Students will be introduced to methods to budget their funds, how to avoid debt, and how to effectively utilize credit.

04/27 Panel Discussion 12:45pm – 2:15pm Namm and Voorhees cafeteria

Panelists, consisting of faculty, staff or leaders in their field of study, will discuss their career journey, and answer questions geared towards sparking inspiration in students.

04/28 Networking Mixer 5pm – 8pm N119

Students, Faculty and staff will be able to mingle together, Students can expand their professional network, and possible mentor-mentee relationships formed.

City Tech Employees who are interested in participating or have any questions please email me at sgaptevening@citytech.cuny.edu.

Thank You,

Josue Kersaint
Part-Time/Evening Student Rep.
Student Government Association
New York City College of Technology