Project 2, Writing

To begin class, write a quick memo about what few great insights you have learned from your research. The body of your memo should be no more than six sentences long and it should not include any quotes or paraphrasing. It should be in your own words. However, you can mention where the things that you have learned come from. For example, “I learned about the creation of the Macintosh computer in Steven Levy’s book titled Insanely Great.” You’ll have 20 minutes to write this memo and then post it as a comment to this blog post. Afterwards, we will discuss the overall layout of your research paper and give you the remaining time to begin writing it. Remember to use APA formatting as detailed on the Purdue OWL APA site. We will follow their example paper for overall layout, and of course, cite and reference everything quoted or paraphrased in your essay.

5 thoughts on “Project 2, Writing

1. glasgowshinquella

TO: Professor Ellis
    FROM: Shinquella Glasgow
    DATE: 4/25/2017
    SUBJECT: Research Data

In my research, I have learned about the different ways autism can affect students in the classroom. For example, students on the spectrum interact with their environment differently depending on the severity of their autism. With this in mind staff as well as other students should be educated on the topic of autism in order to properly care and interact respectfully with such students. One interesting piece of information that I found discussed autism in the early stages of school life. Autism can be detected as early as the preschool years. I was enlightened by this fact since it is not highly discussed in my field.

2. Rakesh Nadendla

TO: Professor Ellis
    FROM: Rakesh Nadendla
    DATE: March 23, 2017
    SUBJECT: Project 2, Writing

Through my research, the most important thing i found out about being a game developer is that it is extremely difficult. Also, when someone decides to become a game developer, they need to understand that there is going to be a huge amount of competition and you need to put in plenty of hours if you want to become successful. It isn’t a nine to five job and you may also need to invest not only time but a fair amount of money if you want to start developing your own game. It is a profession that requires the person to work a minimum of 60 hours a week in order to become successful. Developing a videogame requires a team effort because you have to focus on graphics, the story, the designing of the characters, etc. The most important thing you need to know is a programming language. I’ve also learned that the salary isn’t all that great and you need to build a really great game in order to become successful in this profession.

1. Rakesh Nadendla

TO: Professor Ellis
      FROM: Rakesh Nadendla
      DATE: April 25, 2017
      SUBJECT: Project 2, Writing

3. jstephenson

TO: Professor Ellis
    FROM: Jodieann J. Stephenson
    DATE: April 24, 2017
    SUBJECT: Project 2 Update

My project is about teaching the class about medical writing jobs and how they work with the FDA to create content for various medications. I have found several interesting articles from sources such as American Medical Writers Association Journal and Technical Communication Quarterly. The articles will help me to create a clear and concise research question. I have a lot of sources and now I need to narrow down on the information and try to create a story. Also, I learned how important it is for medical writers to have an open communication channel with the FDA. It is the medical writers’ responsibility to write ethically and cleary. I need more time to review all the sources and ideas I have because the due date is creeping up on me.

4. C h a u n c e

TO: Professor Ellis
    FROM: Chaunce S. Taylor
    DATE: 4/24/2017
    SUBJECT: In Class Writing: Progress on Project 2.

During spring break, I spent time researching documents based around inbound marketing. I started to realize how important it is to a business in any industry. I had no idea the business technique was established over a century ago nor how many business use it to start up and maintain the popularity of their business. One of the most interesting facts I found during my research is the fact the practice has been going on for years, but the official term only has been around for less than 15 years. Although I am still looking for two more solid documents about the relation it has to the public health industry, I could see why inbound marketing is become a common practice in many industries in the recent decade. The business technique works with people interest instead of a company begging people to look for their products. Inbound marketing can helps the customer the same way it helps the business.