Training and Meeting #5

https://img.freepik.com/free-vector/coach-speaking-before-audience-mentor-presenting-charts-reports-employees-meeting-business-training-seminar-conference-vector-illustration-presentation-lecture-education_74855-8294.jpg?w=2000

Since my internship is at a middle school, the students were off for midwinter recess. During the week off, staff and I had a training to attend. The training touched on being professional with coworkers and students while at the workplace. It also went over safety tips and hazards to be aware of within the classroom.

Throughout the week off, we also had a meeting to conversate on what were some things that occurred in the classrooms that were concerning or if there were concerning behaviors. These meetings were ‘one on one’ meaning that I would only be in a room with the supervisor and speak about what has been going on.

The reason for this is that the students refer to us [the teachers in the room] as counselors. This is because before starting to work on projects with the students, they have something known as ‘homework time’ where the students work on their homework given to them by their teachers throughout the day. We help the students with their homework during this time frame. We also assist the students whenever they feel comfortable enough to ask us ‘counselors’ for help or advice. The internship comes along with more responsibilities than I expected but I’m very proud to say that I’m able to work with the students on projects along with helping and advising them.