About Me

Hello and welcome to my ePortfolio, my name is Ebony Derrick. I’m a senior in Communication Design and expect to graduate in Fall 2023 semester. I plan on becoming a graphic designer after graduating with my associate’s and bachelor’s degrees. I plan on starting my career off by doing freelance graphic design to gain more experience and continue to work on my skills while looking for a more professional environment to work with clients.

I hope to improve my skills to work with different people with different preferences and targeted audiences. I currently have an internship at a middle school afterschool program where I teach young children ages 10 to 14 some of the skills that I’ve learned while being in the Communication Design major. I chose to intern here because it’ll help me understand ways of reaching audiences around their age group, the colors they’d interact with more, and how to work with audiences and clients this young.

I enjoy designing and illustrating, this internship will help me learn and understand new things. I’m looking forward to what the future will hold during my internship.