Painting Sunsets #6

https://w0.peakpx.com/wallpaper/630/104/HD-wallpaper-vector-sunset-orange-sun-sunset-painted-sunset-vector-landscape-seascape.jpg

The students at my internship painted sunsets throughout the week. Blending colors to have a gradient effect in their paintings was hard for them to do. I taught them how to do the blending technique to create the gradient effect that the sunset has. My teammate/colleague and I wanted them to have the experience like they were in an art studio so we gave them Easels to put the canvases on, paint palettes, their brushes, and primary color paint to create secondary colors with. I played some classical music in the background while they worked on their paintings.

I first showed them what their finished project would look like. They were interested as soon as they saw some of the examples shown to them. I handed out the materials and explained to them where the darkest to lightest colors would be placed on their canvases. After demonstrating how to blend the colors, the students then attempted to create their own sunsets. Some added birds flying, some were with a beach setting, and others added trees. The kids enjoyed themselves and were pleased with their paintings. For some of the paintings, the students decided to gift them to the supervisor.