Developed by First Year Programs

Reflection #1

What do you want your classmates to know about you? Consider sharing your goals as a college student, why you chose City Tech, what you hope to learn in your first semester at City Tech, or anything important to you.

Read other classmates’ posts and help welcome each other by writing a response.

1. Quebert Williams

I’m a very friendly person. I want to complete my engineering journey and graduate with my bachelor’s. I chose city tech as many of my family recommended me to this school. I wish to learn many new things in my first semester.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi there! (Can you please change your display name as your name on Cunyfirst, otherwise I don’t know who’s reflection this is).

I wish you luck on your college journey and hope that CT101 helps you learn new things.

2. Puneet

My name is Puneet, You guys could call me Pun or whatever works. I’m a freshman at city tech and im majoring in Construction Management. Hopefully passing my classes. I also learned to never take the elevators they never come down.

3. Ayisha Ayub

Hi, my name is Ayisha. My planned major is dental hygiene and I’m hoping that I can get accepted into the program and/or have some career in health care. I want to use my first semester as a time to get adjusted to college life and open myself for opportunities so I can go beyond City Tech. It’s really important for me to learn to manage my time and find ways to learn how to study.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Ayisha, I’m happy to hear that you have a plan! I hope you succeed in your goals here at City Tech. Know that your mentors and professors want you to succeed, don’t hesitate to ask questions. Thank you for sharing.

• Odalis Garcia-Tzul

Hi Ayisha! What made you want to major in dental hygiene? I also want to learn how to manage my time better and establish a good studying method.

4. Uliana Dziuba

Hello,

I want to learn civil engineering in this college. I choose city tech because is located in Brooklyn and I can get here good education.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Uliana, I wish you all the luck in your future goals. I hope CT101 helps your college journey get a little easier by learning how college works.

5. Odalis Garcia-Tzul

My Name is Odalis. My intended major is nursing. My goal for my first first semester at City Tech is to adapt to the new environment, learn new skills, and meet new people. One fun fact about me is I enjoy going to the beach during the winter because the shells wash up to shore and they are bigger and prettier.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Odalis, love your fun fact!! I wish you luck in your future goals. I hope CT101 sets you in the pathway of learning and adapting to the new environment. Thank you for sharing.

6. Azizjon

I want my classmates to know that I like to play sports and video games and that I would like to be friends with everyone and I want to figure out what major is right for me, and I chose city tech because it has tons of programs and help and in the first semester, I want to learn about all the resources and different majors and

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Azizjon, I hope CT101 helps you learn about the resources City Tech offers. Wish you luck in your college journey. Thank you for sharing.

7. Leslie

My name is Leslie, some things about me is I’m Ecuadorian, play soccer, and love going on sunset walks. The reason I chose citytech is for the radiology program and its benefits to this particular career. I hope to learn all opportunities that are open to me .

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Leslie, yes I also heard that City Tech has an excellent radiology program! In fact, I have friends who graduated from the program and are doing very well! I wish you luck in your college journey.

8. Israel Pompilus

I’m open to new friends, but I’m shy so I won’t really speak first but I’m friendly though. My goal here is to hopefully join the clinical radiology program next year and land a job in NYP.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Isreal, I’m glad you are open to making new friends, this will help you in getting through college. I wish you luck in your future goals here at City Tech!

• Puneet

Thats a pretty cool goal and mindset, I wish you luck!

9. Liyian

Hi, I am a very shy person. My major is Computer Information Systems. I want to get used to the new environment in the first semester. I also hope to learn more knowledge in City Tech.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Liyian, don’t be shy! Actually school is the last place you should be shy at. In school you learn to come out of your comfort zone to be ready for the real world. I hope CT101 sets you in the pathway of learning and adapting to the new environment. I wish you luck in your future goals. Thank you for sharing.

10. Krishell

My name is Krishell but you can call me shell or shelly to make it easier to remember. My intended major is nursing and I chose city tech because it was closer to home and I know people that go here. Also, I’m very friendly and love meeting new people. So I hope to make some new friends in this workshop.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Shelly, you actually sound extremely friendly through your reflection. I hope you can make new friends during this workshop as we proceed with more group activities. Thank you for sharing.

11. Saqlain

My name is Saqlain, I’m a college freshman and my intended major is Civil engineering, I will most likely transfer out after my first year at city tech but so far I really love city tech that I wish I didn’t have to transfer, but to do a Bachelors in Civil engineering I will have to. I’m a really friendly person.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Saqlain, I wish you luck in your future goals. I hope you take advantage of CT101 to learn the resources CUNY can provide you (In case you will be transferring to a different CUNY).

• Ayisha Ayub

I might also be interested in transferring to pursue a bachelor’s somewhere else. You seem like a very goal-orientated person.

12. Chelsea

My name is Chelsea and i’m studying Data Science/Economics. I enjoy painting, working out, going out with friends and i’m excited to get to know everyone. I chose City Tech because I was able to find a major that was right for me, that wasnt offered at other schools. Im hoping that this first semseter teaches me more independence and responsibility.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Chelsea, you chose an excellent pathway for the future! We are becoming more and more technology dependent and we will all have to learn to adapt to that therefore studying Data science is a great choice for the future. I wish you luck in your college journey. Thank you for sharing.

13. Azeezat

My name is Azeezat, My intended major is Nursing. Hopefully passing all my classes and get admitted into City Tech Nursing program.

• Uliana Dziuba

Hello Azeezat,

If you try, you will certainly pass the course.

I wish you luck.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Azeezat,

Thank you for sharing, I wish you all the luck in your goals!

14. Yoselin

My name is Yoselin Rodriguez. My intended major is Rad Tech. I chose City Tech because the program offered for Radiology is great and would like to explore the program. My goals for my first semester is to explore and adapt to the environment, adjust to college life, meet new people, and pass my classes. I would like my classmates to know that I am empathetic and love to go on walks.

• Aneeza Hussain

Hi Yoselin,

Thank you for sharing. I hope CT101 sets you in the pathway of learning and adapting to the new environment. I wish you luck in your future goals. 

• Ayisha Ayub

Hii, I think we share a lot of the same goals. Radiology seems like a great career path.

15. Raheem

Hi, my name is Raheem and I’m studying Accounting. I enjoy playing and watching sports, as well as watching movies. I chose City Tech because I believe that it would create a pathway for me to begin a successful career. Over this upcoming semester, I hope to improve upon my procrastination and to ace all of my classes. 

• Aneeza Hussain

Thank you for sharing Raheem! I wish you luck in your college journey.

• Azizjon

hi its cool that you like to play and watch sports and movies

16. Emanuelle

My name is Emanuelle. My major is Nursing. I chose this major because I wanted to help people in their day to day lives. My goals in the first semester is to pass all of my classes with a 95%+ and to make some friends to make the college experience a bit more tolerable. I would like my classmates to know that I am a calm and cool person to hang around and that there is no shame in trying to enjoy life.

• Aneeza Hussain

Sounds like a plan Emanuelle! I wish you luck in your college journey.