IAB MIXX

IAB MIXX
Date of Field Project: 29 September 2014

CAM00168-1

The IAM MIXX expo was held in the Crown Plaza hotel lobby. The expo is an event held for marketing and advertising agencies. All of the companies that I talked to have something to do with advertising. The showroom floor was not big and you can see all the companies represented in 20 minutes. The two companies that stood out to me are YP and Essential Costa Rica.

YP – YP or Yellow Pages re-branded themselves in order to keep up with the digital market. They have moved on from printing giant books and brought it online. The one thing that makes YP different from google, bing, and yahoo is they are specific to local businesses in your area. As a user, I can search use YP on my laptop or on my mobile device.

CAM00155

Essential Costa Rica – Essential Costa Rica is a outsourcing company that has partnered with three other companies that provide services to the marketing and advertising industry. Central Gate Costa Rica, BPO marketing, and 77 Digital are the three companies that are represented by Essential Costa Rica.

Central Gate Costa Rica is a company that outsources IT, software development, engineering design and entertainment & media. That is just some of the services they provide. Central Gate seems to provide everything not just to marketing and advertising.

BPO marketing is marketing company located in Costa Rica. They have worked with big named companies like Coca Cola, Mattel, Nestle, and Walmart. Their target audience is the U.S.A. and there incentive is “savings up to 40%…”. They provide event planning, audiovisual, design, marketing strategies, and web design.

77 design is a service provider to advertising agencies. They are also located in Costa Rica. There services include application development, text ads, mobile ads, graphic design, rich media, copy write, info-graphics, and video and motion graphics.

CAM00156