Presentation Boards for Responsive Façade
Due Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Size: 18 x 24, Landscape orientation
Layout is important for this project—(and for your portfolio!). Consider the way the images/text tell the story of the project through their placement on the board,
The presentation layout should include
- An image(s) of the initial condition of the Standard Hotel facades,
- Your geometry showing the way it moves responsively (ie. three states ranging from most closed to most opened) using thickened edges (to show sheet metal thickness),
- Images of the DIVA-responsive façade,
- DIVA irradiation analysis,
- DIVA daylighting analysis
- Sketches of your design process/thinking.
- For the three states, show three different angles in Views that demonstrate best the way the geometry performs.
- Use Make 2D command: and extract the vector drawing that results from the top view
- Export to Illustrator and modify line weights. Refer to videos below.
- Be sure to include the key showing the range of irradiation color
- See Boards from the Evolo skyscraper competition or other competitions for layout ideas:
Please refer to this conference presentation of last semester’s ARCH3590 projects for examples of quality presentation drawings.