Professor Michals

The Final Project

The goal of the Final Project is to create a series of 10 related images on a theme of your choice.

Examples from last semester:

Jonathan Lopez

JL_L2936

Rany Selem

Daniel King

_MG_4106

Isadora Martinez

Final Project Statement– Post to OpenLab by April 22, 2:30 pm

Topic: What is it about? What genre of photography interests you and would you like to explore: street photography, food photography, portrait photography

What purpose will it serve in your portfolio? Do you want to highlight your

conceptual thinking, your design sense, your lighting skills

Subject Matter: Literally what will you shoot?

Style: What will it look like? How will you use photographic style to communicate

emotion and point of view? Find at least one example and include at least one

image with your description.

Lighting: how will you light your project? This may be daylight.

Due Week 12, April 29, Shoot 1 – minimum of 30 images in an album on Flickr

Due Week 13, May 6, 2:30pm:

Create a mood board for your project-use Instagram or an internet search to find 6 photographs by 6 different photographers that look like what you want the photos in your final project to look like. Post the images to a gallery on OpenLab with a short description of what you like about the photos. Please be courteous to the photographers and list their names!

Shoot 2 – minimum of 30 images in an album on Flickr

Due Week 14, May 13: Shoot 3 – minimum of 30 images in an album on Flickr

We will spend time during class on May 13th selecting your best images from the three shoots and editing those images in Lightroom.

Due Week 15, May 20:

• final 10 images selected, adjusted in Lightroom, and posted to an album on Flickr
  • a presentation to the class of the final images.

1. Ramelvis De La Cruz

Final Project Statement
    Topic: Street photography allow a person to experience new locations and the history behind them. Even though New York is a cultural melting pot, each neighborhood has its own micro-society. Some are noticeable as soon you arrive like the Jewish community. Others must be picked apart which entice me to build a story.

Subject Matter: It would be great to make a compilation of sorts that compares the different districts of New York and the people in them. For example, we can use the different bodegas, schools, shopping centers, and homes.

Style: It’s best to narrow the places to that have mixed blue and white occupations. I want to start small and get a feel of the topic. So far, I’m thinking of tackling the social and economic gap in the city.

Lighting: I’m going to be relying mostly on daylight and some indoor lighting. I should use a speed lite to fill in any harsh shadows if found for the latter.

• Ramelvis De La Cruz

Final Project Statement

Style: It’s best to narrow the places to have mixed blue and white-collar occupations. I want to start small and get a feel of the topic. So far, I’m thinking of tackling the social and economic gap in the city.