Readings in Digital Media Primer:
- Complete Chapter 2 “Fundamentals in Digital Imaging”.
- Read Chapter 3:
“Capturing Images by Digital Photography” p.64
“Selection Tools in Image Editing Programs” p.81
“Printing the Final Image” p.85
“Optimizing the final Image for Web” p.88
Watch and Listen
- Watch the video “How to use color swatches and palettes in Adobe InDesign”. start at 2.20.
- Listen to the podcast from Radio Lab “Ripping the Rainbow a New One”.
In the book “The Secret Lives of Color” by Kassia St. Clair” read the chapters:
- “Color Vision” p.13
- “Building the Color Palette” p.21
(You can read these chapters on Amazon by clicking the “Look Inside” feature).
Read the articles:
- “The Science of why no one agrees on the color of that dress”
When to Use Spot Colors Versus Process Colors (Or Both)
How design and budget affect color printing