Imaginary Being Project, Yessica Ramirez

The focal point of my imaginary being is clearly my imaginary being. But to make it stand out even more than it is it is filled of different colors. The composition of the background is random, but the rhythm of it is very smooth. Although I wanted the imaginary being to be the focal point, I did not want viewers to draw away from the background and that’s why I incorporated bits of color in the background. It has a bunch of triangles overlapping each other and it may be hard to see, but there are also four separate big stars on each side of the imaginary being. The facial expression of the being is clueless. It does not know where it is or anything about it’s surrounding. It is lost. The four big stars that are hidden in the background signify its “senses”, but it is hidden and lost in the unknown just like the being.

2 thoughts on “Imaginary Being Project, Yessica Ramirez

1. Sonia

I think this piece is very playful and it reminds me of cartoons that I used to watch as a kid. I really like how the background is messy because it gives a sense of movement and makes the focal point, which is the imaginary being stand out even more. The high contrast between the being and the background also helps with making the being pop. The hints of color within the background give the whole composition a sense of unity because they are colors similar to what the being has on him as well.