For questions contact Professor Anne Marie Sowder, Chair College Council Curriculum Committee, at
Curriculum Modification – A Brief Guide for Faculty
This guide describes the college’s procedures for curriculum modification. Each department or program is responsible for continually reviewing and refining the curriculum and courses it offers and for initiating proposals for new curricula and courses. The college recognizes active participation in this process as part of the professional responsibility of every faculty member.
Curriculum Proposal Process Flowchart
Curriculum Proposal Deadlines
- Minor curriculum changes to be implemented in Spring 2022 is may be submitted any time before Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Minor curriculum modification proposals to be implemented in Fall 2022 may be submitted anytime before Friday, October 22, 2021.
- The deadline for submission of all major curriculum changes to be implemented in Fall 2022 is Friday, October 1, 2021.
- Departments proposing new degree programs intended to begin in Fall 2022 are encouraged to submit their proposals no later than Monday, September 13, 2021. Proposers must have completed all four steps of the Guidelines for Preparing a New Academic Program Proposal.
- The deadline for submission of Experimental Courses is generally one semester before course will run.
Proposals must be proofread and vetted before submission. All necessary approvals for each proposal must be obtained before the proposal is submitted. The completed proposal package must be submitted to Anne Marie Sowder, Curriculum Committee Chair.
Use the new Proposal Classification Chart to determine which type of curriculum modification (if any) your proposal requires.