A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Unit 3 Proposal due on 11/7

Throughout Unit 2, the most important thing I learned was to research and understand a topic portrayed at different angles, for example genres. You could collect your information from one single genre source, however, you would be limiting your range of knowledge. By understanding the topic further from different genres, it gives you a even more direct understanding of the main point and from there you could discover a personal preference in the selection of genres. That is what I want to teach to the individuals who are unsure or interested about expanding their knowledge on technology, it’s best to learn from multiple angles and after to display your gained knowledge in a way that best represents you. I am planning to write in an infographic genre because after researching different genres to write in. I prefer the way an infographic design displays its information, it combines clear written  information with a wide range of interacting visuals to add focus to the content. I intend to get started by utilizing both “canva.com” and “piktochart.com” and to learn how to operate both websites, these are websites that specialize in developing infographic designs. From there I’ll decide which website gives the best services and go with that one. I will use this to construct my template for my infographic design on advancements in technology and its affect in society in the past 5 decades. I don’t have major concerns about finishing this project, just a small concern about learning how to operate the controls of the website. Also another concern about fitting all the information together in the design, without making it look messy. My research topic involves a good amount of information regarding many innovations of technology created in the past fifty years. But, if it gets to that point then I’ll adjust to the size of the template that is given.

1. Namkha T Oedzer

I appreciate your approach towards the expansion of knowledge. Knowledge should not be biased at all, I believe that a biased or an egoistic mind will not be able to learn as much as a free spirited and openminded individual because viewing something with a biased perception alters the way you perceive the particular form of information, in contrast if you look at something without any bias or any prejudice, we see clearly and directly, without any filters, what is there. However, regarding your topic, I fear that it may be a little too broad and that it may also not be very easy to cover as technology is a seriously vast subject and I also fear that the audience may not be very enthusiastic about a vast subject as not a lot of people have the time to go through such vast subjects and it is also a big turn off regarding ones interest. I trust that you shall figure something out!

2. Namkha T Oedzer