A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Final Reflection, Draft

At the beginning of the semester, I had very low English reading and writing skills, but I have learned a great deal since then as time went on. Going step by step under my teacher’s guidance, I learned the whole process of academic research. Now I understand the different genres. I learned how to read, summarize material, and get the main points. These are some of the steps that are important in doing research. This semester has helped me think more in English and less in my native language when communicating my thoughts and ideas orally or putting them into writing. In addition to my English composition one class, I also take an introduction to psychology class. The skills that I got in English class became invaluable in my psychology class. During my homework assignments in psychology, I had to read many articles, and I could now understand the topic much better and to answer all the questions in the assignments more efficiently. I plan to continue my college education, and I have reason to believe that all that knowledge that I got during this semester in our class will help me in my future courses. I do not consider myself a prolific English writer by any stretch of the imagination. Still, I would like to say that this semester has added a lot to the level of my English reading and writing comprehension skills.

1. Ivanna Hodziur

Did I include in my Reflection something that you did no like?
    Does my work meet the expectations of the professor and academic standarts?

• Namkha T Oedzer

It is a very well thought out and reflective piece of work.