My research question is that “In the last fifty years, how has technology adapted over that time period and how has that changed the world that we live in”. The reason why I’m interested in this question is because technology is a very complex topic and it plays a role in the lives of many people across the world. One simple example of how technology has an effect on the lives of people is smartphones, almost every single person has one in their possession and they all use it for their own reasons. Those reasons could be work or school related responsibilities, or just to do simple tasks such as sending messages to others, setting an alarm to wake up early the following day, checking the weather or time,  writing down a list of chores that need to be completed, etc. Basically we rely on the support from our smartphones to support us throughout the days, now if we remove smartphones from our lives then things would become much more complicated and difficult to handle. Personally I use my phone to keep track of the time, list down important details and upcoming dates, getting in touch with family members and friends, and staying in contact with my school to be alert of any updates and to be on top of my studies. In my research, I expect to find different innovations to machinery and  improvements done in communication, music, entertainment, education, health, transportation, etc. I expect to find this in my research because these are topics that have an effect on my life and it’s a big world out there so, I’m sure that others can relate to that. If I find information that goes completely against to what I had expected to find then, I will continue to look for information that supports my topic claim. However if I am unable to find anything that supports my topic then, I will adjust to it and incorporate it in my writing. The genres that I believe would give me good information are published sources, textbook articles, science articles, business articles, dialogues from conversations regarding technology, charts or diagrams with explanations and analysis, time lines, informational videos, web sites, and newspapers. These are good potential sources because each of these sources provide good concrete information that I could use and for an example an science article would go well with technology since science is applied to further innovate technology.