I first became aware of the topic of whitewashing in high school teacher talked about how The Hate U Give’s movie was different from the book and how they had to “whitewash” it for the more general audience. At first, I thought that whitewashing is only referring to race, but now I know that it can be about anything really. Whitewashing is the defacing of minority features or people by providing false information or changing the race of a person. I am interested in this topic because as a minority myself I know what it feels like to have a lack of representation or have the work of your race credited to another, let alone the changing of important people to another race. I was inspired by my curiosity, I wanted to know more and more about the topic, I wanted to know who was affected by whitewashing and what misinformation have we been fed as facts throughout our lives. This project was an opportunity for me to learn more about the topic while also teaching other people who may have never heard of it, or if they heard of it but do not know how serious or dreadful it is. I decided to write an interactive article that has polls throughout it to keep the reader engaged and interested while also relating to experiences they had or may have noticed. I settled on targeting filmmakers and storytellers as my audience especially those who write and create for the youth, as their creations reach a very big crowd, thus arguably having a big impact on people young or old. I talked about the parts of my research that I thought were surprising to me and thought many people would not know of them. I hope that my piece raises awareness on the issue of whitewashing and helps make an impact on the efforts of putting an end to whitewashing. I think that an interactive article best fits my goal because it will seem serious while also being entertaining enough to keep the readers engaged and not get distracted and stray off the topic. I want the readers, i.e. filmmakers and storytellers to realize the negative impact whitewashing has and that they have the power to change that and teach future generations to be proud of their differences and embrace their backgrounds especially in a time where many people try to shame and attack certain cultures. So far I like what I have done and I think that many people will benefit from it. I want other minorities to understand that there is no need to hide from what makes us special and that they should look for beauty in themselves and their backgrounds. It is very important to be aware of your own background and also do not share misinformation about other people’s cultures and if you are interested in certain subjects or people do proper research to find the true history behind them. If I were to do this project again I would make sure to build on different subjects and minority groups.